Tuesday, March 3, 2009

So I had the day off

Got up this morning, drug...and I mean DRUG, my butt out of bed only to get to work and find out the system was down.  Since I was there for overtime and there was really nothing I could do, I decided I would just take the day off.   I guess it's a good thing... I think my body and mind need to relax more then I need the overtime.  Seems to be harder and harder to get out of bed these days.  Don't know why,  can't sleep when I'm in it.

Thought I could use the day off to catch up on some housework and stuff but nope.  I did nothing productive.  Did what I HAD to do then nothing.  Bummer cause I have a lot of stuff to catch up on.  Can't seem to get motivated to do anything lately.  Oh well...the laundry and dishes aren't going anywhere darn it.

Nate had a follow up appt. with the neurologist this afternoon.  I'm not so sure I'm likin this guy.  We thought since he was doing much better maybe he would decrease the amount of meds he has to take and eventually ween him off them altogether.  Wrong.  Instead he increased one of them.  I don't really think that's necessary.  I had Nate in to see our primary Dr last week and even he thought the doses were pretty high.  The meds did work to get things under control but to increase it now just doesn't seem right.  We'll try it for a month and see if there is any difference and go from there. 

I found a new trail while doing the Climb.  Can't wait to get out there again just need to find someone to go with me.  It's so beautiful and peaceful up there.  You can see for miles and miles.

Off to the orchestra concert now.  

 



 

4 comments:

Remo said...

Everyone around my work has a bad case of the Fuck-it's as well.

Robbery? Yeah,yeah,yeah. We'll be there.

Accident? I'll be there in a minute, okay? I'm waiting for my mocha.

Spring Fever is here...

Dawn said...

Me too...haven't had much motivation to get up and go myself lately. The foot of snow didn't help matters any either. Screw it...when it gets warm, I'll get back in the groove.

Anonymous said...

Did he give a clear reason for the increase now? I've worked neuro & sometimes it wasn't obvious to the patient why an increase(or indeed at times a decrease) was needed, but that should have been fully explained. I'd call & ask for a call back with an explanation.
~Mary
Just sort of wondered on to your blog....

~Terri~ said...

Mary...

The reason the Dr. gave us was since his headaches went from being daily to about every other week, he figured if he increases it again, they might go away all together. He said to try the increased amount for two months, if we don't notice a difference we can go back to lesser dose. I guess we were just hoping he would be able to get off some of the meds, we weren't expecting an increase.

Thanks for the comment...your welcome to wander upon my blog anytime.