Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Good News!


Took Nate in Monday for another MRI.  Ugh poor kid.  He was stuck laying there in that loud as Hell, enclosed tube for over an hour.  It took so long because they imaged from his brain down all the way down his spine. Guess if you have to do it, all at once is the best.  He was pretty upset cause they lady kept telling him not to swallow.  Try that...laying on your back for an hour and not swallowing, yeah not.  Anyway, we went in for the follow-up visit with the Neurosurgeon today.  She reviewed the MRI films from Sept and the ones from yesterday and had only positive things to say. The Chiara is still there but is no longer being labeled as abnormal.  It has shrunk quite a bit lessoning  the pressure on his spinal cord and his brain stem. YAY!!! That's what we were hoping to hear.  She also said that there is NO build up of any spinal fluid anywhere!  There is no need for the surgery at this time!  WOO HOO!!!  Couldn't have asked for better news.  One less thing to worry about now. He still get the headaches but no where near as bad.  We'll still follow up with the Neurologist to see if he will need to continue the meds or if we will be able to ween him off of them. 

My Climb to Conquer Cancer team is increasing daily and there is still 30 days left to sign up! I'm so excited.  I thought I would only get a handful of people to sign up and walk.  My team, Logan's Heroes  is now up to 26 walkers and new people are signing up everyday.  I'm trying to get approval on some fund-raising ideas for work, so far we have raised $585.00.  Look out for a donation letter coming your way soon ;-)

I finally did it!  I got my first (and probably only) tattoo!!  Bet ya can't guess what it is???  I got a pink ribbon just above my right ankle.  It's only about an inch and a half tall but perfect for what I wanted.  The kids went with me to watch (and to take pictures so they could laugh at me later) I think they have now decided that they won't be getting any tattoos for themselves.  They asked if it hurt and I responded to Nate by saying " you couldn't figure that out when I grabbed your jacket and looked at you with the "OMG I'm dying here look?"  YEAH it hurt!!!  That's OK, I'm glad I finally did it.

I have more to write but it's getting late and I have a huge day tomorrow  Time for bed. Night all. 

3 comments:

Ang said...

Ter!! I'm so happy for you and Nate!! That is great news :)

Glad you finally got the tattoo as well... it's one of the more painful spots though!

Love you tons!

Dawn said...

Awesome news about Nate!!!! Heck, even if he has to stay on the meds a bit longer....much better than surgery.

You got your tattoo in the same exact spot mine is...and I can tell you this. I agree with Ang...probably one of the most painful spots (of course I only have one, so I really don't know that).

When I got mine, and they stuck that thing in my leg, I was like "Thanks...I'll take the dot".

Remo said...

Fantastic news about Nate! Got that tattoo, huh?

Were you drunk? LOL