Friday, December 19, 2008

Thought this day would never come...

I'm DIVORCED!!!!!!!

I came home tonight to find the self addressed, stamped envelope that I had to provide along with all the final paperwork to the courts a week and a half ago, sitting on the coffee table. My heart stopped. I dropped everything in the middle of the floor. Wait...I thought it was going to be 4-6 weeks, she said 4-6 weeks, and that is if I didn't make any mistakes??? Remember, I did all the paperwork and filing all by myself, no help from a attorney or anyone else for that matter. She said I would receive a letter stating any mistakes I made not the envelope. Crap, what could I have missed? I rip open the envelope and pull out the papers. By now I'm shaking so bad I could hardly flip through the papers. I see signatures and dates where there weren't any before... Could this be it?!?!? Is it done?!?!?

I looked through all the papers over and over, this can't be right, she said 4-6 weeks, its only been 11 days and that includes the weekends "Is this it? Is this it" I'm asking the kids...like they know. It's got to be! See the signatures? This IS it! ITS DONE!!!!! I'm running through the house jumping up and down with papers in hand trying to find the phone to call my Mom. No one answers. I try my Dads cell, go figure no answer there either. I know they are out to dinner with my brother celebrating his birthday so I call his cell. Finally get to talk to my Mom. I'm crying by now, (happy tears) I just can't believe this day is finally here.

I have been through Hell and back over the last 21 years. Not all of it was bad but it took so much out of me and so much away from me I only wish I would have had the guts to have done this sooner. I'm a much happier person now. So are the kids.










4 comments:

Dawn said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remo said...

BRAVO!!

Have your feet hit the ground yet? LOL

Merry Christmas... :)

BB Live Updates said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot think of anyone more deserving of living a happy and full life than you Teri! I am THRILLED you are finally free to live life again, Enjoy it!

Ang said...

Congrats Ter! I am so happy for you and cannot wait to watch you grow and find your own!